Texas and Wholesale Distribution Accounts
Texas A&M University Press
and The Texas Book Consortium
Kathryn Lloyd, Sales Manager
College Station, Texas 77843-4354
OTHER DOMESTIC TERRITORIES:
Southeast (and American Wholesale Book Company)
Southeastern Book Travelers LLC
104 Owens Parkway,
Suite J Birmingham, AL 35244
Telephone: 205-682-8570 FAX: 770-804-2013, [email protected]
Jeff Chickman, Greg Chickman
Huntington Beach, California 92646
FAX: 714-962-4891, [email protected]
Ian Booth, Nicholas Booth, Scott Bartlett
Lawton, Michigan 49065
FAX: 312-624-7927, [email protected]
Mid-Atlantic & New England
University Marketing Group
David K. Brown, Jay Bruff
New York, New York 10014
FAX: 212-924-2505, [email protected]
Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands
The Eurospan Group
Gray’s Inn House
127 Clerkenwell Road
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 32862420
UK, Continental Europe, Africa & the Middle East
US PubRep, Inc.
311 Dean Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20851-1144
FAX: 301-838-9278, [email protected]
All other locations
Please fill out a credit application and applicable tax exempt form to open an account. Additional forms are available below and may be required to complete your application.
If you have questions about the credit application process, please email [email protected].
For information on discount schedules and our returns policy, please contact the Sales Manager (888-559-8033) or email [email protected].
RETAILERS AND WHOLESALERS
Retailers and wholesalers should direct orders to the corresponding Sales Representatives or directly to Texas A&M University Press. Prepayment and completion of a credit application are required from new customers on first orders. Books are sold to retailers and wholesalers at trade discounts except for those marked with an “s” or “x” (short discount).
RETURNS POLICY, RETAILERS AND WHOLESALERS
1. Books returned for full credit must be received by the Texas A&M University Press not less than three months from date of purchase and not more than two years after date of purchase.
2. Books returned must be clean, salable copies of current editions. Defective books must be so marked and defects clearly indicated.
3. All postage on returns must be paid by the dealer.
4. Publisher’s permission to return not required.
5. Invoice number or copy must accompany return. Otherwise credit will be applied at 50% of the retail price of the book.
6. Books returned in damaged condition because of dealer labeling/marking or inadequate protection while at dealer’s business or in transit from dealer will be returned for no credit. Postage and handling must be paid by the dealer.
Libraries may order directly from Texas A&M University Press. Most books are available to libraries at a 20% discount. Library orders will be shipped with an invoice.