The Old Stone Fort

978-0-87611-057-7 Paperback
5.5 x 8.5. 48 pp. Illus
Pub Date: 01/01/1971
Available

BUY NOW

  • Paperback $9.95
This short book traces the history of Nacogdoches’s Old Stone Fort, built in 1779 and torn down in 1902, began as a trading center but also served as a jail, capitol of governments, courthouse, lodge hall, meeting place, and saloon. A replica was reconstructed using the original materials, on the grounds of Stephen E Austin State University, during the Texas Centennial.
 

Fred Rider Cotten Popular History Series

Published by Texas State Historical Assn